Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 8, 2008

Pretty original title, don't you think? Well, I admit, it is Sunday, January 13th, and I am catching up on the blog. It's been a great week. Miracles, pictures, the whole thing, so I'll at least catch you up on some pictures. I noticed while Jeanne and Annie and I were walking that there was potential for a terrific sunrise. By the time we got home I thought it would be too late. But I drove up Ridge Road to the first break in the trees, the Cul-de-sac previously mentioned and the above shot was the view. There's just something about the sun coming up every day that is mundane and miraculous at the same time. This certainly leaned toward the miraculous and away from the mundane. In any case it's a great way to start the day.
It was warm in the afternoon and I had told Tom Edmonds I'd drop by to see if he felt like getting outside. He had a tough night and wasn't up to it so I drove out Bainbridge Road to see what I could find. I drove right past this old, delapidated house but caught it in the corner of my eye. Photography could get me killed I suppose becasue I backed up, on a fairly dangerous portion of the road, to get the shot. It all worked out. I'm alive and it is one of my favorite shots to date. The strong side lighting casting long shadows and evoking vivid colors. The great colors in the house itself and in the background. Most of all I think I like it because it reminds of a "Jeanne" painting. It's just the sort of thing she would search out when we first got married.
From there I went down by the river. The Susquehanna is pretty in its own way. This night, the lone power pole standing in the middle of the river drew my attention. It just looks bold and fearless standing there all alone, doing its job. The river was flowing pretty good but you'd never know by how still it looks.
I was supposed to meet Joe Nehila at the house at 5p to meet about the upcoming board meeting for The First Tee. I would have been on time except when I came to the stop sign on West Ridge Road by the Raleigh's house, this was the scene. It cost me 10 minutes to get the shot. Joe seemed to be understanding.

2 comments:

byoung said...

dad
you better be more careful-your life is not worth one good picture!!!

byoung said...

dad
you better be more careful-your life is not worth one good picture!!!