Monday, January 21, 2008

January 14th

A slow day for photography. I wound up down in Lancaster at the outlets, so it was probably a good day for shopping. We are so spoiled to have the outlets so close to us. I haven't bought a pair of pants for over $13 since forever. Socks, shirts, pants, ties, pretty much everything I wear comes from the outlets.
Favorite stores have come and gone. It used to be that a small store called "Burlington Brands" kept me coming back. They always had ties and pants and shirts and every now and then there would be a sweatshirt with the BYU logo on it. I rescued countless BYU sweatshirts and tee shirts from there. It was good for both of us - cheap for me and fulfilling for the shirts. Rather than spending the rest of life as a cleaning rag in some Penn State home they could be displayed proudly on a cougar chest. Now, though, it is the Pottery Barn outlet that interests me most. You ask, "Why the Pottery Barn? Isn't that a girly place?" Well, most of it is bedding and furniture and window coverings, but you must remember two things about me. 1) I love deals. If it is a good deal, I'm capable of valuing almost any item. I can do furniture, or bedding (with Jeanne's help), or most anything and the Pottery Barn frequently has sales up to 70% off and always has a corner in the store with clearance items that are priced 70% off. 2) Pottery Barn sells frames. Yes, I have a sort of small frame shop down in Jeanne's hobby room. Every time I can get a $40 frame for $6, I just buy it. I'm sure they'll come in handy some day and have already used many of them in my photography adventures.
So, after shopping for something (I can't remember what), I drove behind the outlets to avoid Rt. 30 traffic (I hate traffic and will do most anything to avoid it. Even if it takes longer, for me it's better to be moving!). So out in the country behind the outlets the sky was pretty, a little pond had some interesting reflections and, of course, there are ALWAYS farms to take pictures of. And that's what you've got for January 14th.

No comments: