Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Arise Early And Be Invigorated

It's Saturday morning, about 6:30am, and I can't sleep any longer. So, the scriptures say arise early. Since no one else was stirring, I thought there must be something to photograph before everyone wakes up. It was beautiful, very cold, but tough to find good shots. Anybody need another sunrise? Just in case, here's another.
Well, on the way home, I did drive by a pond with a pair of swans. They should be good material. The light is a bit rough and access to the pond is interesting. I stood on frozen marsh to get near to the edge of the pond, hoping I wouldn't find out how deep the water was beneath me and the ice. Fortunately the ice held.
The swans were accomodating enough. Daddy swan the demonstrated the classic swan pose and supposed that would be enough for me.
He was wrong but shortly thereafter got his point across. I don't speak swan, but this clearly says, "Hey, buddy, take off. You've got enough shots and I'm freezing my toosh off in this water/ice."

No comments: