Friday, February 8, 2008

What To Do?

How do you take pictures on a day like this? I guess that's where beginners, like me, get into trouble. So, you go out and get some experience so in the future you might have some good ideas. Anyway, there should be some memories of days like this, because they do exist. Not only do they exist, they are good days, all except for the color and light. It was a busy day at work, so I didn't get around to even attempting any photos until nearly 5pm and this is what I found.
One this is nice though. The 80-400 still zooms in this weather. Ah, to be faithful.
Not to fear. Emily has musical practice from 6p - 9p. I can always take pictures there (and do). Some turn out. Others don't . I'm still trying to get good at low light stuff. Noise is a problem, even with very fast lenses. So, there must be a problem with the photographer.
The above photo makes me wonder, "Is there anything good about a 50mm f 1:1.4 lens? Fast? Yes! Sharp? I can't seem to make it sharp, no matter what ISO or Shutter Speed or any of the other things I know how to do. Fortunately, the buyers of these kinds of pictures (parents) are not too discriminating. Have a great day!

No comments: