Sunday, August 10, 2008

God Will Use You on Vacation - II

So, in this case Jeanne and I are walking by the harbor in Newport one evening (walking off some ice cream or gelatto no doubt) and it is beautiful. The sun is setting. I've got my camera and am taking some pictures of the sunset (which will lead to a later point).
We hear a woman's voice say something like, "I'll give you two dollars each if you'll just be good for one picture!" There, at the waterfront is a mother trying to take pictures of her three children for Christmas Cards. They turned out to be extremely nice kids, but you how it is sometimes performing for your mother.So, Jeanne and I look at each other, you know the look, we didn't need to say anything to know we were going to help this mother get some good pictures. Well, you know how Jeanne is with kids. The minute she started working with them they became angels. Then I asked if mom minded if I took some pictures with my camera.This is where another part of service comes into play. You know you get blessed when you serve others - every time! Aside from meeting some nice people, feeling good and coming away with a smile, I learned something about my camera. As previously mentioned, I was taking pictures of the sunset right before hearing the mothers plea to her children. To maximize the color of sunsets, I usually go to a speed setting and play with the exposure time. I forgot that the setting for the sunset was still on my camera when I started to take pictures of the kids. I loaded my flash and started shooting and the results were very nice. So, now I know how to maximize a sunset and get nice portraits at the same time. Now that's a blessing of service!

No comments: