Sunday, June 22, 2008

Blogging Again

Today in Sunday School I taught Alma 5-7. It struck me that when Alma began to preach to the people in Zarahemla he made specific mention that his teachings came from his "own record." That pricked me about writing my "own record" so here we are again. The Lord has truly been good and faithful and merciful to me. My birthday last week was spectacular. Emily wrote me the sweetest, insightful and meaningful little note about why she loved me and how great a dad I've been to her which moved me beyond words. She apologized later and said she's come up with something better but I assured her it was the best present she could give. Then, Mary spoke in sacrament meeting about father's and essentially gave a tribute to me as she gave examples of good fathering. It was very sweet and delicious. Becca sent me a book of my own photos which was so neat to see my own pictures in print and Kelly and Annie gave me tickets to the Chicago/Doobie Brothers concert at Hershey. It was so much fun. Jeanne came home from Girl's Camp to go with me, we sat next to the Raleighs and the music, especially the Doobie Brothers, was fantastic. What a spectacular week.

No comments: