Sunday, March 23, 2008

Finally Got To Utah

As you know, miracles happen every day we just need to notice them. This day was no exception. I was scheduled to leave for Utah on Thursday morning, but found a flight from Tucson on Wednesday evening that would get me to SLC about the same time as Jeanne and Emily arrived from PA. I got on the plane in Tucson at 6:15p. All went well until we were on final approach to Las Vegas. At that time we were informed that it was too windy to land and we would be diverting to Phoenix. Of course every plane trying to land in Vegas was diverted to Phoenix so Phoenix was BEDLAM! While, I got a flight to SLC and finally arrived at 2:15a. It was a long night. Oh, my luggage didn't arrive but Jeanne was at the airport to greet me and that made the entire day!
Of course the weather was a bit different in SLC than in Arizona. I called early in the am to see if my luggage had arrived. "No, it is not here yet," said the male voice with a heavy Indian (as in from India) accent. "It's lost," was my reply. "No, it is not lost until 5 days." "Fine, technically it's not lost, but it's lost!" "Mister Pickett, I have a very good feeling that this luggage is not lost." That required some repentance on my part. I'm supposed to be the optimistic one. While I was in the shower, the airline called to tell me my luggage had arrived. I apologized for not being more positive and thanked the man for believing my luggage to SLC.
It's always a wonderful, amazing thing to see mountains after being in PA for extended periods of time. they simply take my breath away. Here is an everyday scene in Utah that made me stop the car and get out on an off-ramp to take a picture in freezing cold weather.
It was so good to be with family. Kelly took Laynie, Addy, and Clay to the park for some snow fun. I trailed along with the camera looking for photo ops.
Becca and Ella. It doesn't get much cuter than that!
Clayton and Addison got their first ski lessons from Nana. It was very fun watching them ski down the little lawn in front of Becca's house, just loving the feeling of going fast on the snow.
Just look at that face. One can only hope the expertise catches up to the craziness FAST! He so reminds me of Bill, who would go anywhere and do anything on skis and scare his parents to death, following every near-death experience with, "I meant to do that!"
More mountains. The view from just up the street from Becca's house.

1 comment:

byoung said...

thanks for posting dad!

love you