Saturday, September 29, 2007

Temple Trip
























Even though Jeanne and I were at the temple in Washington, D.C. just last week, Annie and Kelly and Valarie and Perry were going Friday, so we went along. It was a bit of an exercise for me. The Raleigh's drove their Pilot, and when I got out to the car, Jeanne was sitting in the third seat, so I got back there with her. Sometimes cramped, restricted quarters can make me antsy, but I wanted to sit by Jeanne and like to (under some circumstances) test where I am with my claustrophobia. It went well. The travel time was exceptionally long, almost 3 hours. There were several fender benders along the way that slowed traffic. Perry and Valarie introduced us to a new route, taking 70W from 695 to 29S to 495. I liked it and will do that from now on. The temple is a great place. It is a refuge, a safehaven that provides refreshment and is always worth the drive. While climbing the stairs to the dressing room the impression came that I was in the right place at the right time. The pictures are my first attempt at night-time photos utilizing a tri-pod. First attempts typically are a bit wanting as are these, but the beauty of the temple is still apparent.

No comments: