Friday, March 11, 2011

The Bill Saga

One day last summer, Bill, 26 years old, married, pregnant wife, nice house, decent job, announced that he had decided to enlist in the Air Force. Whoa - big surprise. But, then, maybe not so big. The more I thought about it the more it sort of made sense. One day when Jeanne ask me what Bill was thinking, I said, "it could be like when he came home from High School one day and said, 'I'm done with public school.' He longed for more structure and discipline then and maybe he does now." Well, I'm not sure of everything that led to it, but I just got back from his basic training graduation and the Air Force seems to be fitting him quite nicely. Not only did he look happy and express feelings of purpose and contentment, he also told me of numerous spiritual experiences encountered during basic, which I (selfishly) accepted as answer to my personal prayers. Here's some pictures from the trip. Two days after I left, he left for Biloxi, MS for computer training. I still have fond memories of my trip to Biloxi after Katrina and hope it is as special a place for him as it was for me.








No comments: