Saturday, October 9, 2010

Leaving My Mark On Seattle

Jeanne and I love to take morning walks. There are beach walks, forest walks, river walks, it's really great. The other day we decided to hike through the woods down to a creek that winds its way to the Puget Sound. There was a little "pull off" on the side of the road where perhaps 3 cars could park (not exactly a parking lot), so we parked and got on our way. The path was steep, not well travelled and beautiful. It was a great aerobic workout along with nature in all its splendor. Upon returning to the car we noticed that in our absence local painting crews had painted the center line on the roadway. I needed to turn left out of the turnout and the cones protecting the paint were very far apart. We had been gone about an hour and there was no sign of the paint crew so I made an assumption that the paint was probably dry enough to drive over (I forgot we are in Seattle - it probably takes days for paint to dry). Anyway, long story short, bad decision, as you can see. Worse, the paint crew was about 1/2 a mile down the road and I'm sure they were staring at our tires as we drove past.

No comments: