Sunday, April 19, 2009

London Post III

After our "on street" reunion, which by the way, included Mary running up to me and jumping up in the air, wrapping her arms around my neck and telling me she loved me (it could have been a TV commercial it was that good) we settled in a little, then took a walk down to the BYU center.

It was a beautiful day and immediately I noticed it was going to be a great week to be in London. Right on the corner of Palace Court was a gorgeous tree in full bloom. Kind of a sign for the overall beauty of the moment.


As mentioned, the BYU Center was just around the corner from our "Vacation Apartment." The beautiful old buildings offset by the deep blue sky and billowing white clouds was an awesome sight.

The BYU Center is quite a stately, historic place. It was once an embassy and has been inhabited by some known people.

Jeanne and Mary and Emily began a conversation that essentially lasted 8 days. These are the sorts of "tell me everything that's going on" conversations that remind us of the hope for eternal families.

The center was beautiful from what we could see and the faces we saw were smiling and comfortable. We could tell Mary had truly had a great semester.

2 comments:

byoung said...

dad keep the posts coming, i love them-p.s if you want more than five pictures in a post you just have upload again-so you upload five, then five more, you know what i am saying?

Mary said...

I love this sentence. "These are the sorts of "tell me everything that's going on" conversations that remind us of the hope for eternal families." It made me a little emotional. Very well written.